Friday, June 20, 2008

Evening, and morning, and at noon

Years ago, I learned a scripture song based on Psalm 55. It's about casting your burdens on the Lord. The song says "evening, and morning, and at noon will I pray and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice". This scripture came to my mind when digesting the talk about commitment (see previous post). I commit today to be in prayer "evening and morning and at noon", and to have more than a hit or miss approach to Bible study. I commit to being disciplined and diving into God's Word on a daily basis. Why am I telling you? Because it increases my accountability. If I keep my commitment, you will notice a difference in me. If you don't notice any difference, feel free to ask me if I've read anything good in the Bible lately?!

No comments: