Friday, June 27, 2008

ANOTHER post about weight issues?!

I hesitate to keep writing about weight loss issues, since not everyone can relate. I don't know if I have any "readers" out there besides my friends and family, but I'd like to think that I was writing something that would encourage or challenge even the skinny readers.

In the last post, I wrote about the need to discipline myself to eat right regardless of whether I'm getting any positive reinforcement from the scales. What is your issue? Do you need to increase your love for your spouse through acts of service (or some other "love language") regardless of whether he/she responds? Do you need to change an attitude whether anyone notices or not? Gee, I've been SO much more patient lately and YOU DON'T EVEN APPRECIATE IT!!

If we listen, God will deal with us individually on the things that need to change in our lives. And we should be glad!

Proverbs 3: 11-12 says "My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."

If we don't respond to God's prompting and correction on an issue, we can expect a more public correction, such as what Jesus described in Matthew 18:15-17:

"If your brother sins against you,go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

We all have areas where improvement is needed. I encourage you to join me in a 40 day challenge to work on whatever issue that God lays upon your heart. If you don't think that you have any issues that need work, then I encourage you to spend the next 40 days asking God to open your eyes and increase your humility...

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I was laying in bed praying for you. Couldn't go to sleep. Holy Spirit? Maybe.
I just read Proverbs 3 a few days ago. It's funny how God brings the things you need to hear right back to you over and over again.
I'm enjoying reading. Keep it up. It's encouraging!
Love you bunches!

p.s. fyi- you're sooooo lovable!
: )